Financial Aid Resources
- Be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Have a high school diploma, GED or recognized homeschool certificate.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the award year for which PA-TIP funds are being requested.
- Complete and return to PHEAA the PA-TIP student application.
- Not be in default or pending default on an educational loan.
- Not be receiving a Pennsylvania State Grant
- Have financial need as determined by the program guidelines and certified by the school
- Attend an eligible postsecondary school.
- Be enrolled full-time in an eligible program of study that is at least 10 weeks but less than 2 academic years in length.
- Supply a copy of the DD214 Form if the applicant is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- School and program of study must be federal Title IV eligible and located in Pennsylvania
School must complete and return to PHEAA the PA-TIP institution application and receive approval from PHEAA
- Program of study must correspond to the Pennsylvania Department of Education identified Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) codes (available atPHEAA.org/PA-TIP).
- Program of study must be at least 10 weeks but less than 2 academic years in length and cannot be eligible for Pennsylvania State Grant
- Program of study must not be completed through 100% distance education (online).
- Complete and return to PHEAA the PA-TIP school applicationComplete and return for approval a Remote Access Agreement (RAA), if one is not on file, for use of the Business Partner Access Management System (BPAMS).
- Complete and return the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Authorization Agreement to receive funds via EFT.
The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) will again be offering an electronic State Grant Form (SGF) for first time State Grant applicants to complete necessary data that is not included on the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Important information is listed below:
- When students complete the FAFSA and indicate Pennsylvania residency, they will be offered an optional link on the certification page that will ask if they would like to complete the Pennsylvania State Grant Form as well.
Those who "click through" will be moved directly to the on-line State Grant Form for completion of PHEAA's data elements.
Renewal applicants will receive a message that the SGF is not necessary at this time since we already have their information on file and their session willclose.
The FOTW connection to the SGF is only available the first time that a student completes the FAFSA, and is not available through the FOTW corrections process. For students who do not elect to complete the SGF at the same time as the initial FOTW, an email will be generated directing them toAccount Access on pheaa.org to complete the SGF. Of course, for students who do not provide a valid email address, we will be communicating to them via U.S.mail. Regardless of which process the student utilizes, the CertificationStatement must be signed and mailed to PHEAA to complete the applicationprocess. We are working on developing an electronic signature capability but itis not available at this time.
So that you are familiar with the SGF as it is presented to yourstudents, a 2013-14 SGF User's Guide isattached for your review. Remember that you have on-line access to view whichof your students have completed a FAFSA. Complete details on how to establishthis access was distributed in December. Also attached for your information isthe 2013-14 version of the Incomplete Communications Guide and Q&A . Although primarily intended for financialaid administrators, it may assist you in better understanding the messages sentto students who have incomplete applications.