Upcoming HACC Information EventsHACC is currently acceptinig applications for its Honors Studies Program This is a special admissions academic program. Admission to the College does not guarantee admissions into the Honors Studies Program. Applications are rolling, and successful applicants can be admitted to the program at any time.
Core general education subjects in the program will be more intellectually rigorous, and students enrolled in the program will pursue a secondary focus in a field or discipline of their choice. HACC offers close to 200 areas of study, including programs in mathematics and science, communications and social sciences, business and marketing, technology and trades, and allied health.Students who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Recognize, interpret and evaluate creative expressions in a variety of artistic, historical, social and cultural frameworks
- Present and support ideas in an organized and effective manner consistent with the intended audience and purpose in both speaking and writing
- Use technology responsibly as a tool for communication and productivity
- Demonstrate effective research skills and information literacy by gathering credible sources and using sources appropriately
- Recognize, apply and relate mathematical and scientific principles, concepts and methodologies to varied experiences and environments
- Identify, assess and address ethical issues in person, social and global contexts
- Employ appropriate leadership styles in a variety of settings
For additional information, visit http://www.hacc.edu/Academics/HonorsProgram/index.cfm, or contact Heather Burns, Director of the Honors Studies Program at email@example.com.