What opportunities are available for my student?Participation in career-focused field trips and other community opportunities is facilitated and scheduled by the Susquehanna Township High School staff. Student participation is determined by school counselors, principals, teachers, and the Transition Coordinator, and is not limited to students with IEPs. Students, parents, and staff can find out about available opportunities through this Secondary Transition Webpage, WHIP, and the High School Counseling Center web page.
Susquehanna Township School District is a member of the Partnership for Career Development (PCD). The PCD provides many opportunities for Susquehanna Township High School students to participate in career-focused field trips. STSD also works in partnership with Dauphin County agencies to provide meaningful career exploration/development opportunities for students.
Examples of career-focused field trips include:
- Union Apprenticeship Expo
- Surgery Live! at Whitaker Center
- Tour of HACC Wildwood and HACC Midtown Campuses
- Campus Connections: Tour of Central Penn College; participation in an informational presentation about Criminal Justice & Physical Therapy Assistant majors
- Career Development Day resolution at the Capitol
- Criminal Justice Day
- HACC GIS Day
- Engineering Day
Examples of career-focused opportunities:
- PULSE @ Hershey Medical Center- http://hmcpulse.yolasite.com/
- ACE- http://www.acementor.org/
- Pinnacle Health Volunteering/Internships- http://www.pinnaclehealth.org/Job-Opportunities/Volunteers/Volunteens.aspx